How to quit smoking with the help of diet
It is considered that the abrupt stopping of smoking may lead to a disease. It is not true. The refuse from the poison is not harmful. And if you have decided to make this step, some products, vegetables and herbage will help you to win. There is an opinion that after quitting smoking a person put on weight. Indeed, during the first weeks it is possible to put on weight due to decrease of activity of metabolism, but it will be restored. It is reasonable to use milk vegetable diet and to increase motion. Is it possible to restore health, which is disturbed by smoking, and to save person from the risk of disease development cause by regular consumption of tobacco? Yes, it is. Numerous observations indicate that in a few years the risk of disease in ex-smokers is not more than those who never smoked. Therefore, an important method of fighting with tobacco is to develop a negative attitude to this harmful habit. At the preparatory stage of quitting use psychological experiments, which will facilitate smoking cessation in the future:
1. Take into account each smoked cigarette; write down the time and day when it was smoked.
2. Put off the time when you smoke at first in 30 minutes, then one hour, two and so on.
3. Change the common atmosphere of smoking: instead of smoking cigarette in a convenient chair (sofa), smoke on the stairs, at the street or in other inconvenient place.
4. Do not buy more than one pack of cigarettes, and change their kind every day using less strong.
5. Collect butts of smoked cigarettes per day in a glass jar to overlook them in all ugliness and make sure of their harm.
6. Use chewing gum 3-4 times instead of smoking, eat an apple, or carrot, or go for a walk.
7. On the eve of consciously assigned the last day of your smoking, remove all ashtrays and promise yourself that the next day you will never smoke again.
The day of stopping smoking especially psychologically, should be pleasant, festive and memorable. Organize a picnic with friends in nature. In any situation, try to overcome the sudden desire to smoke using chewing gum, chewing raw vegetables, intake of vegetable or berry (fruit) juice; if you want to smoke, make some active physical exercises (squats, jogging, bending of the body). Various herbs, including those borrowed from the folk medicine, are based on an aversion to tobacco.
- top 2 tablespoons of chopped oat grains with 1 cup of boiling water, simmer 5 minutes, draw 1 hour. Take 1 / 3 cup of strained broth 3 times daily before meals for 3-4 weeks.
- Top 1 tablespoon of eucalyptus leaves with two cups of boiling water, draw 1 hour; in strained infusion add 1 tablespoon of honey and glycerin. Take 1 / 4 cup 7 times a day for 3-4 weeks. (Recipe Prof T. A. Filatov).
- Top 1 tablespoon chopped rhizomes coil (snakeweed) with a glass of boiled water, in addition simmer 2-3 minutes. Draw within 40-50 minutes. Rinse your mouth by strained extract every time before the desire to smoke. Nausea and retching may occur causing aversion to tobacco.
- In order to reduce the need for smoking it can be recommended to rinse your mouth 1-2% aqueous solution of tannin. Chop two-year twig cherry into small (3-5 mm) pieces and before you smoke, chew and spit it out. The effect occurs in 10-12 days. You can chew rhizome of flagroot and then swallow before desire to smoke will appear. Positive results come in one – two weeks.
- In the hardest days (the first, the second and the third) of ex-smoker it is not recommended to take alcoholic beverages, pickles, smoked foods and meats. It is better to drink “nicotine” tea, consisting of 1 teaspoon of tea leaves (preferably Indian or Ceylon), brewed in two cups of boiling water, to which to 0.5 teaspoons minced chicory roots of the ordinary and Valeriana officinalis, leaves, nettle, peppermint and sweet-smelling rue should be added. Draw it for 1 hour and then strain it out. Take 0,5 cup 2-3 times a day. To enhance the anti-nicotine effect add a kind of “seasoning” – 1 tablespoon of chopped raw beets, 1 teaspoon of honey, juice of one lemon. Mix thoroughly and add 1 dessert spoon of “seasoning” to the glass of tea.
- For smoking withdrawal fish oil is used: 1 teaspoon of fat spread on bread slice. Take 1-2 times a day for a month.
- In order to develop a negative reflex to smoking, such folk method is recommended: to ash of burnt feathers of any birds add a tenth part of baking soda, add a mixture to smoking tobacco.
- In cases of not strong addiction to smoking, honey can be used. In the morning, when there is a desire to smoke, you should take 1 tablespoon of honey, and in 10 minutes – 1 cup of hot milk or broth oats. During the day, the procedure can be repeated several times. Honey can be also used with high addiction. In 10 minutes after taking 1 tablespoon of honey, drink 0.5 glass of herbal potion – common agrimony, ordinary thyme, dioecious nettle, common rue, yarrow, plantain leaves, raspberries, sweet woodruff, Veronica drug, walnut, Juniper usual, taken in equal proportions. Top 2 tablespoons of chopped mixture with 0.5 liter of boiling water, boil on low heat for 3-5 minutes. Take in chilled and filtered form.
- The following mixture can be taken: Iceland moss, field horsetail, hemp nettle, rockrose – 2 parts, herb nettle – 3 parts, knotweed (knot-grass) – 1 part. Top 2 tablespoons of the mixture with 0.5 liters of boiling water. Stew on low heat for 10 minutes. Draw it for 1 hour. Take strained broth 1 / 3 cup 3-4 times daily after food.
- Tincture of green oat: Take 15 drops of alcohol extracts of immature seeds (1:5) 20 minutes before eating, diluted in 1 tablespoon of water.
- You can reduce the craving for tobacco with the help of an aqueous solution of baking soda. Sometimes it is enough to rinse the mouth of soda water (1 tablespoon to 1 cup of water) or take the half of glass of water, in which a quarter teaspoon of baking soda is dissolved (the method is not suitable for people with low acidity of gastric juice). If you require more drastic measures of impact on the body of the smoker, then soda (among other substances) is added to tobacco or soak cigarettes with an aqueous solution of soda.