When you start smoking, you create a very bad environment for your health. And the most affected parts of your body are your lungs. This can turn out to be lethal for your health and it becomes really essential for you to know how to clean lungs after smoking too much. However, the lung cleaning process is actually a slow one. You have to be patient if you really wish to get the right kind of results.
There are many steps that you can take. However, keep in mind that whichever step you choose, it will take its own sweet time to provide results.
Here are a few tips on how to clean lungs after smoking too much –
- Keep an Eye on Your Environment – The place where you are staying, or living, should have a proper environment. The air should not be congested or should not be polluted with dust, smoke or any other dirt. While you are at the office, make sure to keep the windows and ventilation If you can, try to breathe pure air. While you are sleeping at home, try to keep the windows open at night. Sleeping at night while your windows open can be helpful for your brain as it can provide fresh air to your brain and your lungs. At the end of the day, the goal is to avoid toxins and smoke altogether.
- Keep an Eye on Your Diet – When you start your lungs cleaning process, you should keep an eye on what you eat. The mucus accumulated in your lungs is probably the reason why you are coughing so much lately. Therefore, you should avoid the following foods-
- Avoid processed meat
- Avoid eating a lot of dairy products like cheese, milk, yogurt etc.
- Avoid any kind of fast foods in general.
- Avoid frozen convenience foods.
- TRY A CLEAN EATING MEAL PLAN
However, there are a few foods that you should include in your diet for sure. If it helps, start an alkaline diet and add the following foods to your diet –
- All kinds of root vegetable and leafy greens along with other vegetables.
- Fruits like bananas, apples, watermelon, lemons, berries and oranges.
- Add proteins like almonds and chestnuts.
- Add some spices. For example cinnamon, curry leaves, ginger etc.
- Give Your Body a Chance to Sweat – While you are following all the other things, one thing more you should keep in mind is exercising. Exercising helps you in a lot of ways. It improves the growth of endorphins in your body, improves your blood circulation and also keeps your mind quiet and calm. Go for jogging, cycling, and swimming or hit the gym on a daily basis.
- Drink a lot and lot of Water – If you have no other ways of detoxifying your body, then you should drink a lot and lot of water on a daily basis. Drinking water helps your body with the detoxification part and also helps you stay hydrated. This process will add up to the lung cleaning process.
These are a few tips on how to clean lungs after smoking too much. If you follow the above-mentioned tips religiously on a daily basis, it will help you achieve your goal faster.