You must have heard the phrase, “smoking kills”; but did you know quitting can be as harmful as smoking too? There are plenty of dangers of quitting smoking cold turkey for your body if you do not take proper care and precautions.
Smoking honestly is the worst mistake anyone can make. And the result of smoking is even more dreadful. It is probably very wise of you if you decide not to smoke ever. But, if you cannot keep a control yourself and start smoking, it might become an addiction.
Any kind of addiction cannot be thrown right away. It takes a lot of time to adjust to the changes. This is why, when you decide to go “cold turkey”, that can turn out to be real, really dangerous for your health. The dangers of quitting smoking cold turkey are catastrophic and you should really keep an eye on your health while you decide to do the same.
The Side Effects of the “Cold Turkey” Method
Quitting smoking isn’t easy. But when you decide to stop smoking out of the blue, your body cannot accept the change right away and that might cause you some of the side effects of quitting smoking cold turkey. Here are a few of them –
- It might cause you Headache
- Muscle cramps
- Itchiness all over your body
- Heart Palpitations
- Dry/Sour Mouth
- Poor Concentration
- Digestion Issue
- Feeling of Thirst
- Tremors and Irritability
- Feeling of being hungry all the time.
What are the Disadvantages of Going Cold Turkey?
There are a few disadvantages of going cold turkey. They are –
- The success rate of quitting smoking cold turkey is as limited as 5%. That means 95% of the people do not succeed in the method.
- Chances are, you have to deal with the several dangers of quitting smoking cold turkey like nausea, insomnia, or the feeling of being restless. Your body will not be able to handle that.
- There is no method available in the cold turkey way to help you with your psychological dependence on smoking.
What to do For a Successful Result
If you are thinking of using the cold turkey method, then you should adopt a few ways to successfully get rid of the habit of smoking. Here are a few tips –
- Make a plan. Although it seems that cold turkey is all about quitting all of a sudden, you still should make up your mind and a date for quitting. Get rid of all the stuff entirely that you use for smoking before the date of quitting arrives.
- Change your daily life. You must bring changes to the way you live. Start living a healthy life. If you are not a morning person, try to get up early and go for a morning jog. Or join the gym. Try and eat as much healthy food as you can. Drink a lot of water.
Make up your mind before you go cold turkey. A strong and dedicated soul can do anything it wants.